The sci-fi RPG Starfield from Bethesda has just been updated to enhance its performance and stability and fix some gameplay issues. The version 184.108.40.206 update is now available for Xbox Series X|S, Microsoft Store, and Steam users.
According to the official patch notes, the update addresses some of the most common complaints from players, such as long loading times, frame rate drops, crashes, and glitches. The version 220.127.116.11 of Starfield also fixes some problems with quests, combat, and user interface. Some of the notable changes in the update are:
- Characters: Fixed an issue that could cause some characters to not be in their proper location. This could affect the progression of some quests and dialogue options.
- Star Stations: Fixed an issue where Star Stations would be labelled a player-owned ship. This could confuse and prevent players from accessing some services and features.
- Vendors: Addressed an issue allowing a vendor’s full inventory to be accessible. This could result in players obtaining items they were not supposed to have or exploiting the game’s economy.
- Graphics: Resolved an issue that caused star lens flares not to appear correctly on AMD GPUs. This could affect the visual quality and immersion of the game.
- Graphics: Addressed an upscaling issue that could cause textures to become blurry.
- Graphics: Resolved an issue that could cause photosensitivity issues when scrolling through the inventory menu. This could pose a health risk for some players with epilepsy or other conditions.
- Performance and Stability: Addressed an issue where the Hand Scanner caused hitching. This could affect the gameplay experience and responsiveness of the game.
- Performance and Stability: Various stability and performance improvements to address crashes and freezes. This could improve the overall smoothness and reliability of the game.
- Ships: Fixed an issue that would cause displayed items to disappear when applied to in-ship mannequins. This could result in players losing their items or customisation options.
- Ships: Fixed an issue that would cause items stored in Razorleaf Storage Containers and Weapon Racks to disappear after commandeering another ship. This could also result in players losing their items or customisation options.
The developer also thanked the fans for their support and feedback and promised to continue working on a larger update to add more features and improvements to the game. The title was launched for Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Series S/X, and PC on September 8, 2023. It lets players explore a vast, diverse galaxy of planets, factions, aliens, and mysteries. The title recently also hit the 10 million players milestone.