Developed and released by SolidClouds hf., Starborne: Frontiers is an intergalactic, squad-based tactical adventure game. Experience the thrill of intergalactic dog fights as you take on the role of the Fleet Commander to uncover the secrets of the Abyss. Featuring a wide range of battleships and units to choose from, along with an expansive lore behind each character, Starborne: Frontier is bound to give you an experience of a lifetime.
Starborne: Frontiers is one of the best games to spend free time on. Here is a little guide offering tips and tricks about the game, so let’s start!
Basic Instructions to Starborne: Frontiers
Set 400 years into the future, Starborne: Frontiers is a squad-based tactical game set in space. A void in space has opened up called the Abyss, and commanders of every intergalactic fleet want a piece of it. The game’s objective is simple: play through the campaign mode and reach newer regions in space and stronger opponents. Featuring 90 different recruitable spaceships, players can choose to create their battle squadron.
Starborne: Frontiers has a 10-chapter campaign mode that players can indulge in and learn the lore behind the Abyss while taking down elite battleships across the galaxy. Players need to place their battleships on the field and can choose the different positions for each ship based on its abilities.
The primary objective of Starborne: Frontiers is to create and be the leader of your very own fleet of spaceships. Boasting over 90 battleships along with their pilots, Beacons, the game offers a lot of versatility regarding strategy and roster building. The designs for each battleship are unique, and the best part is that players can not only recruit NPCs but also form alliances with other players to create a bigger and better fleet than others.
Since Starborne: Frontiers is a gacha game, it is bound to have some tiers regarding the Beacons that you can recruit. There are 4 different Beacon packs that players can open, and these include:
- Public Beacon – which contains common, uncommon, or rare Beacons
- Specialist Beacon – which contains Rare, Epic, and Legendary Beacons
- Expert Beacon – which contains Epic and Legendary Beacons
- Elite Beacon – which contains only Legendary Beacons
The Hangar option is where players can manage their collection of battleships and beacons. As the game has over 90 different battleships, this also means that 90 different Beacons pilot the ships. Players can check these pilots out and upgrade and improve their stats to perform better against stronger opponents. There are a total of 10 different classes of Beacons, and they are as follows:
- Terran Combine
- Atlas Syndicate
- Mars Prosper League (MPL)
- Frontier Legion
Each has its roles and roles, and these different classes have a diverse impact on the gameplay and are important to be aware of. Additionally, all the beacons have unique skills and tendencies that you can use during a battle.
Last but not least is the Shop. In Starborne: Frontiers, players can purchase bundles, avail limited offers and even purchase an in-game currency to get better Beacons and battleships called Platinum. The shop has 2 different markets, the Platinum market, where players can use the purchased in-game currency to get useful items in battle or go the Credit market, which uses the coins earned by clearing levels.
There is also the option of purchasing a Monthly card where players will receive Platinum and credit for a single purchase over the month.
Starborne: Frontiers – Tips and Tricks
- In Starborne: Frontiers, players need to understand that each Beacon has unique tactical abilities and skills. Certain battleships are designed solely for attacking, while others are more defence-oriented.
- Aside from having high-level Beacon characters, players also need to focus on upgrading the skills and stats of their fleet to stand a chance against stronger and more dangerous fleets.
- Positioning your units is crucial to securing victory against the enemy forces. Placing an attack-oriented battleship on the rear end of the battlefield or having a solo ship facing multiple enemy ships would only end up biting back. Strategizing the placement of the units is also an important aspect to keep in mind.
With Starborne: Frontier, explore the unknown galaxy and uncover the secrets of the Abyss as you get more and more pilots to join your fleet. Take down other fleet commanders in the galaxy to claim the title of the strongest and display your strategic capabilities during battles. Stunning visuals, cool and unique characters, and many interactive features make Starborne: Frontier one of the best games on mobile.