Undoubtedly, the mobile gaming market is growing swiftly and establishing itself as one of the most attractive and profitable sectors. In other words, the industry has outperformed all standards in terms of both technological and financial performance.
Here is some information on the potential mobile game development trends for 2022:
1. Metaverse: Mobile gaming is being integrated with the Metaverse, creating a richer in-game experience. Startups are gearing up to aid in the development of a metaverse infrastructure and provide its users with the resources necessary to establish and manage the Metaverse, such as the ability to create real-world avatars.
The developers release several games to jump into the Metaverse, such as The Sandbox, Axie Infinity, Upland, Blankos Block Party, etc. By the end of 2022, it will be easier to read the Metaverse for those interested. In addition, more cross-platform games will be encouraged to be released by publishers, and the Metaverse will support the introduction of AR and mobile applications.
2. Cross-Platform Gaming: Another development that we expect to be important in 2022 is cross-platform gaming. In this scenario, gamers can compete against one another while utilizing various mobile platforms and operating systems. This has lately grown in prominence as a result of the fact that it allows gamers to compete against one another regardless of the platforms they prefer.
Cross-platform gaming is expected to see visible growth by the end of 2022. This is because it offers players an excellent way to communicate and participate in online games. There will also be a large selection of games available as developers start to create more cross-platform games.
3. Virtual Reality (VR): With this technology, users may completely immerse themselves in a virtual environment, joining the game as a participant. As developers come up with fresh and inventive ways to use VR, we predict that it will become a significant trend in mobile gaming by 2022. In addition, the use of VR headsets allows for in-room interaction with things.
Despite their present high price, VR headsets will become more affordable as technology advances, making them a viable option for casual and frequent gaming enthusiasts. In addition, it gives a unique experience that is impossible to get elsewhere and may transfer players into a different universe. This makes it the ideal technology for first-person shooters and adventure games, which need a high level of engagement and immersion.
4. Augmented Reality (AR): One of the current significant trends in mobile gaming is augmented reality (AR). In this environment, users may interact with digital objects overlaid over the real world. Popular video games like Pokemon GO, which lets players capture imaginary creatures nearby, have contributed to the development of this technology. We foresee a rise in enthusiasm for augmented reality. This is due to the more engaging experience it provides for customers. There will not be a shortage of new and intriguing possibilities anytime soon as game makers continue to improve their augmented reality game creation skills.
5. eSports: eSports will significantly impact mobile gaming in 2022. According to sources, the worldwide eSports market increased by more than $1 billion in 2021. Additionally, a $2 billion increase is anticipated in 2022. This is due to the great opportunity it provides for gamers to compete and show off their skills. In addition, true players stand to win significantly as a result of the increasing size and profitability of prize payouts. This implies that eSports will probably continue to be a well-liked and constant trend in game development in the years to come.
Tools for Mobile Game Development
Mobile game developers employ a variety of platforms and tools to create 2D and 3D games on mobile devices, including Unity, Unreal Engine, CryEngine, Buildbox, Godot, and Cocos2D.
Future of Mobile Gaming Developments
A survey conducted in 2021 predicted that the global gaming market will increase steadily at a pace of 8.7% per year to reach $218.7 billion by 2024. As a result, in the years to come, we could see a growth of gamers.
The major trends in game creation are expected to move more quickly in 2022 than in previous years. As previously said, mobile gaming will continue incorporating augmented and virtual reality. These technologies will also significantly influence the creation of mobile games.