Developed and released by Konami, Yu-Gi-Oh! CROSS DUEL is a brand-new addition to the series of Yu-Gi-Oh! card games. Based on the popular manga series by Kazuki Takahashi, Yu-Gi-Oh! was serialized in the WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP back in 1996. Yu-Gi-Oh! is a Trading Card Game (TCG) and is known to have games across several different platforms like PC, Mobile, and Consoles.
Yu-Gi-Oh! CROSS DUEL is a whole new concept that is different from what the fanbase is used to. Offering a 1v1v1v1 battle system and stunning new visuals, Yu-Gi-Oh! CROSS DUEL is one of the best TCG available on Mobile. Here is a little guide offering some tips and tricks to become an expert at the game.
Yu-Gi-Oh! CROSS DUEL introduces a dueling format while staying to the original games. However, instead of the traditional 1v1, here we have a Battle Royale, a 1v1v1v1 as you fend off opponents from all directions to secure the win. Aside from the dueling system, the entirety of the Duels has 3D-rendered monsters and brand-new animations that make the duel look more intense than ever before.
About Yu-Gi-Oh! CROSS DUEL
Although Yu-Gi-Oh! CROSS DUEL was released recently; the game already has over 1 million downloads. However, since the game has such good graphics and visuals, you need a good processor and memory on your device.
|System Requirement||Snapdragon 845 or higher, 4 GB or more RAM|
|Operating System||Android 6.0 or above|
|In-game Purchases||INR 89 – INR 6,900|
Introducing the Basics of Yu-Gi-Oh! CROSS DUEL
In Yu-Gi-Oh! CROSS DUEL, you have to battle against 3 other players at the same time. Each player has 6 playable slots on a 3×3 grid, the top three slots are for summoning monsters, and the bottom three are for spells and trap cards. Players can summon monsters and send them to three different lanes, each lane leading to the best of one of the 3 opponents. It takes 2 moves to reach the enemy base.
The Game Follows the Standard 5 Phase Procedure
- Draw Phase: The players draw a card from their deck to start their turn.
- Main Phase 1: The players can summon a monster on one of the 3 lanes and set up trap and spell cards.
- Battle Phase: Once you have successfully summoned your monster, the next step is to send them one step forward. It takes 2 steps to reach the enemy base, so usually, here, the monsters battle it out.
- Main Phase 2: Players can set up more trap cards and spell cards on the field once the Battle Phase is completed.
- End Phase: This is the end of your turn; players can choose to end their turn, or the turn will end itself upon the time running out.
ATK and DEF Positions
Summoned monsters have an Attack (ATK) and Defense (DEF) stat and can be placed in their respective positions. Monsters with higher DEF stat will stay back and hold off enemy monsters, and monsters with higher ATK will push forward to take down the enemies.
Spell and Trap Cards
There are three slots reserved for Spells and Trap cards; these cards can change the flow of battle and an element of surprise.
- Trap Cards – They can be placed during the 2 Main Phases; these are activated automatically when the enemy monsters come in contact with it. These cards are usually focused on weakening or eliminating enemy monsters.
- Spell Cards – Spell cards are directly activated during the Battle Phase. These cards are usually focused on strengthening or helping your monsters.
Special Summons is the act of summoning a powerful monster under particular conditions. For example, if both your right and left lanes have a monster placed on them, then you can special summon a monster on the middle lane. These monsters have insanely high ATK and DEF, which pretty much secures the win for you.
Yu-Gi-Oh Cross Duel Guide – Tips and Tricks
Now that you are familiar with the basics of this game, here are some key tips and tricks that you have to keep in mind to master your deck and win matches.
- The monsters with higher ATK will defeat the ones with lower ATK; after the battle, the ATK of the defeated monster will be subtracted from the ATK of the winning monster.
- Trap and spell cards are placed facing down, so the enemies can’t prepare for them, giving you a clear advantage.
- Monsters placed in the DEF position can be switched to the ATK position, but the vice versa isn’t possible.
- The game has an Auto-fill feature to allow you to fill out your deck with the best available cards. This way, you don’t have to worry about the quality of your deck.
Although there are some new changes in theYu-Gi-Oh! CROSS DUEL, it has turned out really well. Offering plenty of the classic Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise feels to it; this game adds new and improved 3D monsters and summoning effects.
The characters from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Series also make an appearance, improve your skills as a duelist as you take them down one by one. Rise to the top by defeating players worldwide to claim the title of the best Duelist truly.